Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Faux-rarriums continued, and stencil explorations

Hey, you! It's been awhile! Since my last post I've been very busy... but I'm happy to say that my line of brooches and hair clips has been doing very well... both on Etsy, and at a cute Alameda boutique, Modern Mouse, that has begun selling some of my items. Check out modernmouse.eleen.com for more on the store. The picture on the left shows some of the other things they sell.

Now to the fun stuff! I thought it might be a good time to share some projects that I've been working on... like the faux-rarrium I finished since my last post. I'm very happy with how it turned out... but now I want to go even bigger!

The one I made has a removable dome that makes me very happy... but I might have to make do without it if I do end up going bigger. The trees are made of real twigs and wool (the grass is also wool).
On a different note, I've been really excited about Ed Roth's kit for stenciling your home, Stencil 101 Decor. Of course, as a renter with anti-paint landlords, I've had to rack my brains for a way to actually use the stencils provided. I finally came up with the idea to stencil my sliding glass doors with the quatrefoil stencil... but instead of paint I used Crayola Washable Window Crayons. The final look isn't nearly as clean as what you would get with spray paint, but  spray paint doesn't wipe off with a sponge either. Next time I might go for the washable window markers, also by crayola and available at Michael's. 

Next up on my to-do list: multi layer paintings in shadow boxes... wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. hello there :) maybe you would like to know that I have big sale at my etsy:
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/44379412/llamas-in-love-wedding-cake-toper-sale
    thanks for your time :)
    maru - FIELTRUNGUIS

    ReplyDelete