Thursday, February 11, 2010

Goin out of town for the weekend

...and I'm so excited! Me and the man are taking the train down to LA for a super quick trip to get me a new old car (thanks grandpa!). We're both really excited about getting TWELVE FULL HOURS of pure relaxation, beautiful views, and each others company, though I'll admit that the food is so terrible on amtrak that we are packing all of our meals for the extremely long trip. Julien and I have been wanting to go on a train trip together for a long time, and the Pacific Starlight line goes through some really beautiful areas. I'm also looking forward to seeing the family and taking my younger brother out... he just turned 21, so big sis finally gets to go out on the town with little bro... hopefully stumbling distance from my parents house!


In other news, I've really been working hard to get it more updated in the last month... and its paying off! I had three sales to three different people over this last weekend... and I didn't even know any of them! To the left are two of the items I sold. After about a year of neglecting my etsy shop, and without any sales, its really refreshing knowing that there are some people out there who like and want my wares.

...And on that note, I'm offering a discount to any blog readers on my etsy shop.  Just enter "Honest to blog!" in your "notes to seller section" for a 15% discount on any item. Just commit to buy the item and wait for me to update your discounted price, then make your payment! Otherwise, I can refund the 15% if you jump the gun on making your payment.

As for work, I've been making zines with the fifth graders... and its going pretty well. I've got three kids collaborating on an electronics zine, one girl working on a zine titled "How to Annoy Your Big Brother," and many more. The kids have to have one section about themselves, one section that's a How-To, and one section that they can do whatever they want... but they are free to address these "topics" in whatever way they want. For example, for their autobiographical section they could do a self portrait, write a story taken from their childhood, write a poem about themselves, or anything else they can relate to themselves in any way possible... After the first day of confusion and bewilderment, they are getting pretty into it now... thank goodness!

Well, that's all folks! Time for me to head to work... Until next time!

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment