Sunday, January 31, 2010

Hello There!

...and welcome to my new blog! Yay!

So, here's a little bit about me:

I am almost constantly making things... usually fabric brooches, hair clips, and earrings, but also wallets, terrariums, and anything else I can think of. I've recently been experimenting with stamping and other print media. I also love sketchbooking on the go... right now I am in the process of making myself a teeny watercolor set out of an altoids container. (You can check out a tutorial here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgcZX4pBOyI).

Today, was actually a pretty perfect representation of my interests...
Me and and my boyfriend, Julien, started off the unexpected sunny day by taking a bike ride to nearby Lake Merritt, where we stumbled upon a Bonsai garden. There were tons of these gorgeous little baby trees of all different kinds. My favorite was an Atlas Cedar, "styled in 1959," which pretty much looked like an enchanted forest scaled way down.

After running a couple errands, I finished making a wallet for my neighbor, Joseph. Of the 10 or so wallets I've made, his went the most smoothly... not a single hitch!



Next up on the agenda was updating my etsy (yesandyes.etsy.com). It had been a while since my last update, especially since I've really been trying some new things, mostly going more three-dimensional, and more floral. At the right is a new brooch I put up tonight.

Yup, yup. That's about it! Signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment